Pentecostal World Fellowship
Who We Are
The Pentecostal World Fellowship is a cooperative body of Pentecostal churches and groups worldwide of approved standing. It is not a legislative body to any national entity, but it is rather a coalition of commitment for the furtherance of the Gospel to the ends of the world and thus shall function as a service agent to:
- uphold one another in prayer.
- support and encourage one another in the task of missions and evangelism.
- promote Christian fellowship and cooperation among Pentecostal people throughout the world.
- provide means of consultation and cooperation among the members and related agencies.
- share mutual concerns and insights relating to any crucial spiritual and temporal issues of the Church.
- administer relief in times of crises.
- promote exchange of personnel in special areas of ministry.
- disseminate helpful information and up-to-date statistics for the benefit of the Church.
- voice to the world and governments in defense of the faith, social justice, and persecuted believers, as the PWF.
Our Mission Statement
The Mission of the Pentecostal World Fellowship is to unite and mobilize the global Spirit-filled family in completing the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
- To Promote and Encourage regional and continental alliances amongst Spirit-filled networks.
- To Promote and Connect Spirit-filled leaders – shapers of communities and nations.
- To Speak to governments and nations when and where social justice and religious rights are compromised and/or violated for the sake of the gospel.
- To Foster World Missions and to Support humanitarian efforts and where possible to provide relief aid.
- To Serve as a cooperative fellowship for Pentecostal Theological institutions to promote the development of education and leadership training.
- To Change the global contour of Christianity by emphasizing coordinated worldwide prayer.
- To Organize a triennial celebration (Pentecostal World Conference) that will gather the global Spirit-filled family to advance the mission and purposes of the Pentecostal fellowship.
Triennially, the Pentecostal World Fellowship organizes the Pentecostal World Conference for Pentecostal and Spirit-filled leaders. It was in May 1947 that Swiss pastor Leonard Steiner, David J. du Plessis, J Roswell Flower and Donald Gee organized a conference for Pentecostal leaders. Three thousand attended this first conference. Triennial conferences followed and in 1961, this celebrative gathering was officially named the Pentecostal World Conference (PWC).
The Pentecostal World Conference has been conducted in major cities in the world :
| || || |