The 2014 events of the Interfaith Dialogue in Ho Chi Minh City
3st: The first Interfaith encounter of the New Year 2014. Accepting the invitation from The Association’s Chief Minister ofVinhNguyenTemple, Rev. Hoang Mai, the Committee on Interfaith Dialogue attended commemorating the 100 years death anniversary of Le Dao Long and the 105 years foundation ofVinhNguyenTempleat Long An, Giuoc District, Long An Province.
9th: In honor World Interfaith Harmony Week in Saigon baha’i
23. First visit to the Pentecostal Assemblies of Vietnam
On February 23, 2014 at 9:00 in the morning, seven (7) members of the Inter-faith Dialogue Committee headed by Chairman Fr. Francis Xavier Bao Loc attended the worship and conference of the Pentecostal Assemblies at Elisha Church, # 527/54 Phan Van Tri Street , Ward 5, Go Vap District. They received an invitation from Mr. Rick, a Bible Professor .
27. The visit of the Interreligious Dialogue Committee to the Charity Clinic Channel 7 at Kien Giang province. Charity Clinic Channel 7 is a united humanitarian effort of 5 religions of Buddhism, 5 Caodism, Hoa Hao Buddhism, Protestants and Catholicism. This so-called “Clinic of Five (5) Religions” has been existing for 20 years. The healing service of the clinic becomes who listic with the love and compassion given by the people running it.They professed different religious beliefs but shared a golden heart as big as the world to build a”healing center” for all people.
22. Interreligious Conference: God in Baha'i, Caodaism, Catholic and Islam's Faith
Tuesday 22 April, at 3 pm, the Diocesan Commission for Interfaith Dialogue (DCID) and the Saigon Archdiocesan Pastoral Institute (SAPI) co-organized a seminar to exchange concepts of “God / Allah” or “Thiên / Tian 天” according to Baha’i, Caodai, Catholic, and Islamic faiths. The seminar was held at the Archdiocesan Tradition House, 6 bis Tôn ĐứcThắng Street, Bến Nghé Ward, District One.
After each presentation by Baha’i, Islamic, Caodai and Catholic representatives in turn, the attendees friendly exchanged their tolerate ideas, sharing their deep cognition or thorough understanding of the unity of all faiths. Indeed, according to them, God – or any different names – is the same goal of human beings’ spiritual journey to the Verity, the Goodness, and the Beauty.
27. The 60th Anniversary of The Bahá’í Faith in Vietnam
A wonderful celebration was held at the Pho Saigon Restaurant on April 27, 2014 in honor of the 60th anniversary of the Bahá’í Faith in Vietnam and the 50th anniversary of the first National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’í ofVietnam.
5. Archbishop Paul Bui Van Doc visited the Administrative Council of Buddhism on the occasion of the 2558th Birth anniversary of Buddha.
8. In the morning, as invited by Institute of the Lovers of the Holy Cross, a group of Caodai postulants from the Organ for Universalizing Caodai Teaching came and shared some understanding about the life and journey of those who dedicate themselves to Caodai God. The group’s leader was Sister Kim Dung, a Caodai priest.
A short meeting left a friendly and unforgettable impression in the souls of the both parties, who have been on their journey of dedication to God as well as to humans.
11. Upon the invitation of Huệ Ý, a Caodai priest and the Secretary General of the Organ for Universalizing Caodai Teaching, Fr. Francis Xavier Bảo Lộc led a Catholic delegation to the Organ, joining the symposium on May 11, 2014. The attendees included lots of Catholic monks, nuns and the faithful of Caodaism. Fr. Francis Xavier Bảo Lộc, a Catholic priest and the Head of the Archdiocesan Interreligious Dialogue, was the guest speaker of this event.
Fr. Bảo Lộc’s talk helped both Caodaists and Catholics come closer to each other. Indeed, a better understanding was built, and an increasing friendship was strengthened despite some differences between the two faiths.
24-29. The 1st Interfaith Dialogue on Religious Leaders for Peace in ASEAN community in Ayutthaya,Thailand. Topic: Religious Tolerance for Peace . Sister Nguyen Phung Ai Thien, member of the Interfaith Dialogue Commission of Archdiocese of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam attended.
29. The Visit of The Coptic Orthodox Church’s representative at the Pastoral Centre
4. The Ecumenical Prayer for Peace in the Pastoral center
27. 4th Annual Inter-religious meeting: Lifting up our joy to heaven as one
It was also attended by representatives coming from the Religious Council of Baha'i Spirituality for Vietnam, from the Cao Dai, Tay Ninh Holy See and Tien Thien Church, priests and members of the Organisation for Universalizing Cao Dai Teaching, representatives of Minh Ly, monks from Ngoc Thanh Monastic, pastors from the Seventh-day Adventist and Evangelical churches and the HoaHao Buddhistsin HCMC.
The 4th Annual Inter-religious encounter was envisioned to build understanding, solidarity and brotherhood among religious believers, while contributing to the good of society. It was also commemorating the 50th anniversary of establishment of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue (1964-2014) and the 145th year birthday of Mahatma Gandhi (1869-2014).
17. Archbishop met a Coptic Orthodox Church 's group in Saigon
28. United Gospel Outreach Church of Vietnam held Christmas music night at the Pastoral center
Diocesan Commission for Interfaith Dialogue of HCM City